Temple Lofts HOA
General Board Minutes
(15 December 2020)
Call to order: 06:30 am/pm
In Attendance: ⬛(present) ⬜ (absent)
- ⬛ (Off Site Property Manager) – Itay Zigdon
- ⬛ (On-Site Property Manager) – TBD
- ⬛ (President) – Chris Higgins
- ⬛ (Vice President) – Daniel Yousef
- ⬛ (Treasurer) – Kirsten Severson
- ⬛ (Secretary) – Mark Friedman
- ⬜ (Member) – Travis Alexander
- On-Site Manager
- Allstate is in the process of hiring – Compare contractors, contracting companies, and on-site
- Discussed options – Contract, Pete or new person? Preferred board majority option is on site new person, Itay collecting resumes.
- 2021 Budget
- Finalizing with Alan and Allstate, then going out soon.
- Delay from the transition, but we’ll get it sorted out shortly. Before end of month.
- 2021 Dues Increase
- Getting back on-track with reserves – only around 30% and no increase last year
- Completing another reserve study (Friday on-site survey)
- Status of Outstanding Maintenance Items
- EQ insurance – Mark has some updates, Finalizing that shortly – Alan to discuss with Agent then whole board. Understood need to become CC&R compliant ASAP. This delinquency was only recently realized. Priority issue to close this.
- CC&Rs – Working on updates – Identified gaps in compliance engaging with Attorney to address ASAP to be compliant or adjust where needed. Retainer agreed and closing retainer to do CCR hopefully this week.
- Cold Showers (Hot Water) – Working on Contract with our tried-and-true provider, plus tank removal, plus water pumps
- Water Shutoffs – Discussed process, limitations, and usage – Limited shutoffs cause issues so is is building wide as required or emergencies.
- Waterproofing a few windows up on floors 4-5 – Need to get lift to complete waterproofing – Aruba Construction to complete as soon as we can schedule.
- Hot/Cold water cartridge issues – In unit or Building issues? Trying to determine as it is a combination of units and building components.
- Fire Inspections: Emergency Lights – Led’s on emergency ballast need to be corrected, Trash Chutes Lever, Elevators inspection –Bob Peters is contractor
- Cleanup: South Parking Lot, Left Storage Area, And Ejector Pump Maintenance – Planned completion this week. Maxi Serv – Contracted to service in future.
- Electrical Room Leak: Planter boxes have leaks, addressing – Determine if still an issue. Flashing on planter boxes reseal.
- Woman’s Restroom: Replacing toilet – Broken – Quote Received, Maxi Seal contractor
- Roof: Sorting out warranty items, fixing that up, should be fine at present – Working with provider on additional issues (warranty covered or not is being debated) Current leaks we believe are solved but we can seal some other minor issues.
- Plumbing: Updated the procedures, and many others – check out the website
- Packages – Room next to mailbox for package overage. Taped so open as many didn’t have keys. Looking at option of electronic code lock. They are supposed to deliver to your door! That area is not a valid delivery point!
- (Board Response)
- Butterfly Garden: presentation from Zara. Shared PPT. Proposed 2nd floor common area or lobby area where lavender resides. Plants – Native grasses and plants. Milkweed, Size 2-3 or 5-6 depending on space. Timing – Before October. Still working details.
- On-Site Manager:
- Shon White: Inputs regarding how it was ran in the past
- Mark Friedman: Talking about his experiences with board activities
- Shon White: Homeowner vs. Renter responsibilities and making sure we have that delimeter list
- Fire alarm people
- Flag on the roof – take it down
- Chris Pluck:
- Flag – Can we get a bigger one?
- Mills Act: Get clarification with Mark Friedman
- Wade: Power strip on 5th, check out 2nd floor, 3rd floor (Zara 316)
- Mark: Potentially get put on a different node –> Call-up
- Cartridges: Specify cartridge type to the units, don’t use certain lower-cost units
- David S: Planter boxes: leaks on slot 75 leaks and calcifies
- 613: Replacing smoke detector in double stack
- Leak that Pete is finishing:
- North side – Herb was mentioning the material from the original builder was not sufficient, then the ‘forever sealer’ is being applied.
- Can there be a process on the
- Reserves: can we get an idea of how it happened so we can keep it from happening again? Can we figure out why it happened to begin with.
- Rent out spaces here for usage – Lobby as $10k (David S. can help), Common areas
- Can we understand the cost/benefit tradeoff of Spa
- Service + Power (maybe 6-8kw/day)?
- No trespassing sign process?
- Turned over a surplus. Over $200k overfunded at that point.
- Holding the fees in escrow, have we increased that move-in/move-out fees
- Keys: Can we charge more for this or be more specific on how/when to charge higher fees
- Bank for the buck on HOA fees???
- The Spa doesn’t work?
- Get the electrician to come out to validate
- Heater “sometimes works”
- Wade Hammond:
- Slow for hot water to come back
- On-Site Manager:
Previous Action Items:
Prepared by: Name (Title) Mark Friedman (Secretary)
Leave A Comment