Temple Lofts HOA
General Board Minutes
(12 August 2021)
Call to order: 07:00 am/pm
In Attendance: ⬛(present) ⬜ (absent)
- ⬛ (Off Site Property Manager) – Itay Zigdon
- ⬛ (On-Site Property Manager) – Daniel Delgado
- ⬛ (President) – Chris Higgins
- ⬜ (Vice President) – Daniel Yousef
- ⬛ (Treasurer) – Kirsten Severson
- ⬜ (Secretary) – TBD
- ⬜ (Member) – TBD
Board and On-Site Manager Updates
- Year in Review (Completed Items):
- On-Site Manager: Daniel Delgado was hired this year!!! about 7 months at this point…
- Full-Building “Pre-emptive Maintenance Strategy” implemented – Periodic Maintenance scheduling internally and with vendors: Air Handlers, Hydrojetting, Ejector Pumps, Roof, Boilers/Water Heaters/water Pump, Garage Doors, Roof (full mfg warranty) etc.
- Fixed: Ejector Pump, Storm Drain Pumps, Booster Pumps, Inlet/Exhaust Fans, A/C for common (Lobby, Gym, Community Room), Boiler Room
- Communications Flow: Setup standard communications flow (REVIEW!)
- Website: Setup website and FAQs covering all common issues – moving, keys, bikes, construction, etc. (REVIEW!)
- New Items: Realtor Keys, Reminder on Permits
- Security Upgrades: Front Door (Gap, Security Post, Handle), Bike Cages, Key Cores
- Mr. Delgado is Mr fix-it:
- Mr. Delgado is Mr fix-it:
- Reducing Costs: Telecom plans
- Reserve Study: Updated reserve study, 49% from 37%, Setup scheduled dues increases
- Water at Temple:
- Crossover Issues: X15 Stack: Investigated, Leaving as-is
- Shutoffs: Frequency, Website reference
- Air Handlers/HVAC System: – Completed testing and adjustments
- Identified limits Sound (50dBA) & Vibration (0.001 g, 0‐30Hz, 0.003g 30‐130Hz)
- If there are any future complaints, measure with calibrated decibel meter and vibration sensor at trouble locations
- Current thoughts are if sound and vibration is within spec and unit is running properly, it will likely stay as-is.
- If the owner wants more done, we will gladly facilitate but we may have to request they cover the costs of the upgrade
- DELGADO: Garage Fan updated VFD to large exhaust fan, now adjustable to be within spec – testing to validate operation within spec.
- Community activities:
- Beautify Gardening, Butterfly Garden
- Kickoff: Yearly numbers – budgeting, dues increases, reserves review
- Temple Documents: CC&Rs, Bylaws, Rules&Regs
- Boiler Upgrade: Complete
- Fire Inspections: Complete, fixes forthcoming
- Signage: Vehicle gates, 3rd and 5th floor unmarked Residential Doors
- Permits: If you are having work done, you have to abide by all required permits – if the management finds out a permit wasn’t achieved and was required, we’ll have to come back and require it or the work will have to be reversed at the owners expense… same as if the city inspects.
- TBD ITEMS:
- Window Washing: Holding off until 2022 due to all of the fixes this year
- Roof: Working on additional sealant, A/C sealant
- Mills Act: Leveraging Garry’s contact, working with City, website being updated with Temple, 1 multi-unit building is allowed into the program per year
- Late Payments: Just talk with us, otherwise without response it has to be legal, official, and expensive
- Reserve Study Progress: Finalizing dues increase schedule with Finance Team after midyear results
- Spa: Checking on city permit
- Garage/Storage water Leaks
- NPNA (North Pine Neighborhood Alliance): Tracking the 810 Pine adjacent building proposal.
- Unapproved upgrades: Get information about possible jackhammer usage?
- We’re working on addressing the biggest issues first, everything else is prioritized in our backlog
- Feel free to ask about or challenge prioritization, doing the research yourself will help get it done faster
- Think about “What’s your goal?”, “Is this something that can be fixed?”, “Is this specific to my unit or the community”
- MILLS ACT:
- Alan: Had questions on where the money comes from and where it goes to – we will have a rep from the city come and answer questions. Higgins to send out some notes.
- 226 (Pete): Boiler work – what was the regular interval, what was the lifecycle we lost, what is the lifecycle of the current one. <Email or present next time>. Did the lifecycle start earlier or was it never on the vision.
- Alan: Storage room, box sitting outside of the cage that is outside his cage – trash it
- Trash all items outside of storage units
Previous Action Items:
Prepared by: Name (Title) Chris Higgins (President)