Temple Lofts HOA

General Board Minutes

(25 March 2021)

Call to order: 06:30 am/pm 

In Attendance: ⬛(present) ⬜ (absent) 

  • ⬛ (Off Site Property Manager) – Itay Zigdon 
  • ⬛ (On-Site Property Manager) – Daniel Delgado
  • ⬛ (President) –  Chris Higgins
  • ⬛ (Vice President) – Daniel Yousef 
  • ⬛ (Treasurer) – Kirsten Severson 
  • ⬜ (Secretary) – TBD
  • ⬜ (Member) – TBD

 Residents Present: 

  • 11 March 2021: Daniel Delgado, Leslie (Wade) Rompel, Natacha, Gustavo Penilla, Alan Pemberton, Mark Venger, Herb Glazeroff, Jason Petrocelli, Kim and Shaem, Keith 422, Dixie Pizani, Daniel Yousef, Kirsten Severson, Itay Zigdon
  • 25 March 2021: Mary Ann (Ballot Box), Marian Carmichael, Itay, Kevin Long, Natascha, Alan Pemberton, Kirsten

Introduction (3/25/21)

  • Didn’t meet Quorum, adjourned without continuing the voting process for 2021, Board is fine as-is
  • Ballot Drop-offs aren’t happening, but we could change our minds and have a ballot-box in our office in a central location if we wanted
  • Discussion about the process – email, mail, posted notices, website blogs

 Introduction (3/11/21)

On-Site Manager Updates

Board Updates

  • Voting!
    • Motion to adjourn the voting portion of the meeting as we didn’t meet our voting quorum so that the upcoming meeting will only require the minimized member quorum requirements.
  • Reserve Study – Target finalized in February
    • Reserves: Updated our needs (applicable years, costs, etc), 49% of reserves funded currently up from 37%, With 2.3% dues increase (down from 2.9%) 30yrs to 100%.
    • Dues Increase (as an assessment): Discussing when to issue an increase…
    • Insurance (EQ, Flood): Survey is out!
  • CC&R Updates
    • Includes Building vs. Resident Demarcs
    • Reviewed and feedback provided to legal. Voting upcoming on that.
  • Maintenance Contracts Updates
    • Exhaust fans: Nearly completed with fixes and maintenance strategy
    • Hydrojetting: Sewage pipes coming with periodic scheduling to follow
    • Ejector Pump: Having trouble locking down a vendor…
    • Roof: Evaluating bids for roof maintenance, a couple leaks
    • Boilers/Water Heaters/ Water Pumps: Getting maintenance quotes.
  • Fire Inspections
    • Trash Chutes: Bob Peters (Itay to update)
    • Emergency Lights in Staircases COMPLETED!
  • Hot Water Trade Study
    • Quotes attained, ready to execute! – removing tank, re-piping
  • Items:
    • Earthquake Insurance -> Survey is out, CC&R updates in
    • Keys : Looking at keyfobs everywhere and Bluetooth (phone access)
    • Mills Act: With legal – Roseman Law to provide inputs
    • Signage: Working with sign company (Unmarked resident doors, maint rooms, possible maps, storage rooms)
    • Water Issues (Cartridge issues)
      1. Radisic (Plumber) is coordinating with residents for X11/X13/X15
      2. New plumber coming in to get an idea of what’s happening
    • Common Areas: Advised by legal not to open just yet
    • Misc:
      • TBD: Fire Alarm Team: Need to update training and sign-up a “team”
      • TBD: Garage/Storage water Leaks: Getting there…
      • In-Progress: How to save money:
        1. Electrical Bill: Working on a testing/reduction strategy
      • DONE: Waterproofing a few windows up on floors 4-5:
      • DONE: Daniel fixed the flag height
      • In-Progress: (Marian – 314) – Please send an image of the issue on re-seating the fascia on the trim.
      • In-Progress: (Daniel Delgado) Spa:
        1. Looking to add spa cover to conserve heating energy, lowered heat and periodicity
        2. Plumber (drain underneath), add Contractor (drain and sand/paint rust), Electrician
        3. Remaining: Jets don’t work? Sharp Tiles?
      • In-Progress: (Queen 115) Demarcs in progress as mentioned, specific issues answered by Itay.

Open Forum

  • Actions: Look at EQ email to make sure people know it’s a survey
  • (Garry) Jets issue?
  • (Marian) Sharp tiles, image of window trip
  •  SPA:
    • (Marian) button for higher flow/action on the spa to trigger it
  •  Garage
    • (Ivon V – 215, stall 38) Leak on his car, it’s been about 3 times, goes away but now it’s back badly, lots of calcification. Hangs a plastic bag to limit this issue.  Pete did fix it – mentioned it was from a few different things (planters, spa, etc).  Especially when it rains but other times as well.
  • WWII Insignia:
    • (Jason 519) The “WWII insignia”
    • (Marian 314) “That has been there since pre-Temple Lofts build. The building use to be open to trespassers.“
  • Storage Units:
    • Could we relocate the storage units or provide “proper ventilation”? Why is there storage by the ejector pump without proper ventilation?
    • Could that be relocated into the Fan Room or Electrical Closets?
    • (Marian) My storage unit had dried debris that I later learned was from the leakage Shae is referring to. It was gross.
  •  Bathroom:
    • (Herb) Reconfigured bathrooms not a high utilization areas. Could we just have 1 bathroom and use the other for storage or something similar?
    • EQ in 1933, construction materials at this time are safer these days, earthquakes typically projected towards LA rather than this area.
  • Herb Garden:
    • (Dixie) North side of property, communal garden potentially be reinstitute in.
    • Frustration with the common areas – how can we poke at it???
  • Rooftop:
    • Insurance carrier said we can’t go on the roof?
    • (Jason 519) Could we hear everyone walking up on the roof?
    • (Herb) Used to go up on the South Tower
  • Doorbell Units:
    • Is there any Ring unit that we could OK for the community.


Previous Action Items: 

Date  Person  Action 

 Action Items: 

Adjournment: 7:35pm (3/11/21), 7:00pm (3/25/21)

Prepared by: Name (Title) Chris Higgins (President)