Temple Lofts HOA
General Board Minutes
(25 March 2021)
Call to order: 06:30 am/pm
In Attendance: ⬛(present) ⬜ (absent)
- ⬛ (Off Site Property Manager) – Itay Zigdon
- ⬛ (On-Site Property Manager) – Daniel Delgado
- ⬛ (President) – Chris Higgins
- ⬛ (Vice President) – Daniel Yousef
- ⬛ (Treasurer) – Kirsten Severson
- ⬜ (Secretary) – TBD
- ⬜ (Member) – TBD
- 11 March 2021: Daniel Delgado, Leslie (Wade) Rompel, Natacha, Gustavo Penilla, Alan Pemberton, Mark Venger, Herb Glazeroff, Jason Petrocelli, Kim and Shaem, Keith 422, Dixie Pizani, Daniel Yousef, Kirsten Severson, Itay Zigdon
- 25 March 2021: Mary Ann (Ballot Box), Marian Carmichael, Itay, Kevin Long, Natascha, Alan Pemberton, Kirsten
- Didn’t meet Quorum, adjourned without continuing the voting process for 2021, Board is fine as-is
- Ballot Drop-offs aren’t happening, but we could change our minds and have a ballot-box in our office in a central location if we wanted
- Discussion about the process – email, mail, posted notices, website blogs
On-Site Manager Updates
- Motion to adjourn the voting portion of the meeting as we didn’t meet our voting quorum so that the upcoming meeting will only require the minimized member quorum requirements.
- Reserve Study – Target finalized in February
- Reserves: Updated our needs (applicable years, costs, etc), 49% of reserves funded currently up from 37%, With 2.3% dues increase (down from 2.9%) 30yrs to 100%.
- Dues Increase (as an assessment): Discussing when to issue an increase…
- Insurance (EQ, Flood): Survey is out!
- CC&R Updates
- Includes Building vs. Resident Demarcs
- Reviewed and feedback provided to legal. Voting upcoming on that.
- Maintenance Contracts Updates
- Exhaust fans: Nearly completed with fixes and maintenance strategy
- Hydrojetting: Sewage pipes coming with periodic scheduling to follow
- Ejector Pump: Having trouble locking down a vendor…
- Roof: Evaluating bids for roof maintenance, a couple leaks
- Boilers/Water Heaters/ Water Pumps: Getting maintenance quotes.
- Fire Inspections
- Trash Chutes: Bob Peters (Itay to update)
- Emergency Lights in Staircases COMPLETED!
- Hot Water Trade Study
- Quotes attained, ready to execute! – removing tank, re-piping
- Earthquake Insurance -> Survey is out, CC&R updates in
- Keys : Looking at keyfobs everywhere and Bluetooth (phone access)
- Mills Act: With legal – Roseman Law to provide inputs
- Signage: Working with sign company (Unmarked resident doors, maint rooms, possible maps, storage rooms)
- Water Issues (Cartridge issues)
- Radisic (Plumber) is coordinating with residents for X11/X13/X15
- New plumber coming in to get an idea of what’s happening
- Common Areas: Advised by legal not to open just yet
- TBD: Fire Alarm Team: Need to update training and sign-up a “team”
- TBD: Garage/Storage water Leaks: Getting there…
- In-Progress: How to save money:
- Electrical Bill: Working on a testing/reduction strategy
- DONE: Waterproofing a few windows up on floors 4-5:
- DONE: Daniel fixed the flag height
- In-Progress: (Marian – 314) – Please send an image of the issue on re-seating the fascia on the trim.
- In-Progress: (Daniel Delgado) Spa:
- Looking to add spa cover to conserve heating energy, lowered heat and periodicity
- Plumber (drain underneath), add Contractor (drain and sand/paint rust), Electrician
- Remaining: Jets don’t work? Sharp Tiles?
- In-Progress: (Queen 115) Demarcs in progress as mentioned, specific issues answered by Itay.
- Actions: Look at EQ email to make sure people know it’s a survey
- (Garry) Jets issue?
- (Marian) Sharp tiles, image of window trip
- (Marian) button for higher flow/action on the spa to trigger it
- (Ivon V – 215, stall 38) Leak on his car, it’s been about 3 times, goes away but now it’s back badly, lots of calcification. Hangs a plastic bag to limit this issue. Pete did fix it – mentioned it was from a few different things (planters, spa, etc). Especially when it rains but other times as well.
- WWII Insignia:
- (Jason 519) The “WWII insignia”
- (Marian 314) “That has been there since pre-Temple Lofts build. The building use to be open to trespassers.“
- Storage Units:
- Could we relocate the storage units or provide “proper ventilation”? Why is there storage by the ejector pump without proper ventilation?
- Could that be relocated into the Fan Room or Electrical Closets?
- (Marian) My storage unit had dried debris that I later learned was from the leakage Shae is referring to. It was gross.
- (Herb) Reconfigured bathrooms not a high utilization areas. Could we just have 1 bathroom and use the other for storage or something similar?
- EQ in 1933, construction materials at this time are safer these days, earthquakes typically projected towards LA rather than this area.
- Herb Garden:
- (Dixie) North side of property, communal garden potentially be reinstitute in.
- Frustration with the common areas – how can we poke at it???
- Insurance carrier said we can’t go on the roof?
- (Jason 519) Could we hear everyone walking up on the roof?
- (Herb) Used to go up on the South Tower
- Doorbell Units:
- Is there any Ring unit that we could OK for the community.
Previous Action Items:
Adjournment: 7:35pm (3/11/21), 7:00pm (3/25/21)
Prepared by: Name (Title) Chris Higgins (President)
Leave A Comment